What is Canvas Commons?
Commons is a community that allows you to share your course content or access others’ shared course content. You can import and export Canvas pages, modules or the entire course.
- Share course materials among faculty who are teaching the same course.
- You can create a personal learning object repository
- Build a course from scratch by using the shared materials from other Canvas users.
How to find Commons courses shared with St. Edwards?
- Log into you Canvas
- Find the Commons tab on your left hand side
- You can start by look for courses that are shared with St. Edward’s only or search for a specific keyword, author or title
- Now you see the course materials that are shared with St. Edward’s University.
- In the course details, you will see an option that lets you import into course
- Once you imported the pages/modules into your course, you will see the following message.
- Go back to your Dashboard and check the course you imported your files into, you should be able to see your imported pages under Pages, and modules under Modules.