Eighteen of your colleagues are trying out the Canvas Learning Management System this semester as a potential alternative to Blackboard. The full list of Canvas pilots is available on this webpage: Canvas Pilots. Hear from five of them on Tuesday, March 3rd at 3:30 pm in Library 141. These faculty will briefly present their courses followed by a panel discussion and audience Q&A:
- Chris Flynn, CULF 1318.15: Madness and Civilization
- Carol Gee, MATH 4343: Topology
- Liz Johnson, EDUC 2332: Educational Technology Integration
- Jason Rosenblum, DMBA 6220.01: Independent Research
- Tricia Shepherd, Chem 2320: Analytical Chemistry
The Task Force for Learning Management System Evaluation will base their recommendation, in part, on the experiences of instructors in these pilots. Come find out how students like Canvas, how it compares to Blackboard, how the transition between systems works, and what it’s really like to teach with Canvas.
If you can’t make this session, there will be a second demonstration of Canvas pilot courses on Tuesday, March 24th at 10:00 am, also in library 141.
See also these other posts on Canvas: http://sites.stedwards.edu/instructionaltechnology/tag/canvas/