The Application Process
Deadline for Submission: February 17, 2020
Eligible candidates include all full-time faculty members.
Emails of Support
As part of the application process, all members must provide an email of support from their department chair, endorsed by the dean, saying that the chair supports the faculty member’s application to develop or revise a course that addresses school and university needs. Chairs and deans should send these emails directly to Jennifer Jefferson at email@example.com
To apply, please fill out the 2020 Innovation Fellowship Application Form (a google form). Here is the information you should gather in advance.
Faculty Name, Department, School, Rank
- Contact information: Email & phone
- Course number and title
- Semester and year course will be offered
- Confirmation of face-to-face participation at the Innovation Institute, on days between May 18-29
We know that you are applying for the Innovation Fellowship because you want to have dedicated time to refine a course and to learn new pedagogical strategies within a community of practice. The following questions will help us better understand your individual goals for a fellowship, as well as enable us to connect the work of the fellowship to larger questions of student and faculty learning.
Abstract (250 words or less)
- In 250 words or less describe the course development project, its significance, and its potential for application broadly. We use this information to share with the broader community about the range of projects that Fellows are working on.
Describe what you want to do with your class. What will you be changing? What are the new things you want to do and why? (250 words or less)
What are the goals that you have for your course-design process? What are the (areas of) (types of) changes or innovations that you would like to integrate into your course and why have you selected these changes? What areas would you like to learn more about? (250 words or less)
Impact on Students
How do you see your changes impacting student learning and the broader student experience? Where possible explain how this work connects to the mission and/or strategic goals of St. Edward’s University. (250 words or less)
How will this fellowship help you grow as a teacher? (250 words or less)
The Review Process
A committee composed of the following will review applications and make recommendations for the selection of fellows:
- Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence
- Associate Vice President for Digital Learning
The review committee follows an established review practice:
- Copies of the applications are circulated to all members of the committee for review.
- Committee members read each application and rank them, adhering closely to the proposal criteria.
- The committee then meets and holds an in-depth discussion of the top-ranked applications, leading to a final consensus decision based on both the scoring and the discussion.
Each proposal will be evaluated on the strength of the following areas:
- Description of proposed course revision
- Feasibility of the proposed revision
- Potential impact on student learning
- Potential impact on teaching
- Connection to the Holy Cross mission and/or strategic goals of the university