In preparation for Workshop 1: Gathering Digital Resources & Using Digital Tools for Research, Collaboration, and Projects, Wednesday, May 20, 12:15 – 2 pm in Fleck 305, please do the following three things:
- Review the class blog, Contemporary World Issues: Middle Eastern Revolutions, available here: https://sites.stedwards.edu/chrisdm-culf333110fa2014/
- Be sure to look at the syllabus, some of the individual student blogs, linked under “CLASS BLOGS” in the right menu bar, and some of the digital assignments, like Social Bookmarking, Maps, and Digital Research Projects, linked in the top menu bar.
- Look at one other example of a digital project used in a class. Here are some places to find one:
- Designing Digital Projects: http://sites.stedwards.edu/instructionaltechnology/2014/08/21/designing-digital-projects/
- Digital Pedagogy in the Humanities: https://github.com/curateteaching/digitalpedagogy
- Each of the keywords listed here has a set of ten relevant pedagogical artifacts: https://github.com/curateteaching/digitalpedagogy/tree/master/keywords. Note that many of these have not yet undergone editorial review.
- A digital project you already know about.
- Think about what digital resources and tools are used in your discipline.