Interface Lesson

Interface Lesson

The goal of the interface project was to create a 30-second mock animation for a portfolio mobile app that showcased a launch screen, project page, project description, and navigation menu. For my own animation, I created a portfolio app that used tiles to navigate to projects, as well as buttons along the bottom of the app, and used a simple left-and-right swiping motion to navigate between photos of a project. I also decided to feature a “About Me” page to add to the immersion of the app. The design of the app mostly relies on squares and circles and features a color palate that uses RGB red as a base color, then incorporates different shades of red for all the elements. Given that most of the elements are based on a UI kit that was provided to students, most of the work here is in the layout, such as where I have used a background color to highlight the area where the project description is, and the attention to how much space there is between elements. The launch screen, however, is composed of a self-made silhouette of my own head, along with a loading animation and my initials. Overall, it is a very basic design that serves to mainly call attention to the artwork and descriptions rather than the app itself.