Blog Post #11

PART 1

Alex – I enjoyed hearing the background story on how Alex’s kids help influence her work. She showed how work is not always just about work but how it can also include family and in the most least expected places.

Interactive game studies professor – It surprised me how he has seen a game that he played ever since he was little evolve into something different today. What i really admired was that he didn’t really know exactly what he wanted to do as a career and there was a lot of trial and error but he ended up doing something he loved.

Joe Vitone – I liked seeing Joe’s work, taking visual studies with him I am familiar with his photography and I still find really impressive how great his photos are, there is such fine detail and the clarity is astonishing. The black and white adds such soul to it that I don’t think could be seen if it was in color.

PART 2

I enjoyed having guest speakers and students talk about the work they have done, it gave me inspiration and I feel like I learned a lot from them. One of my favorite things that we did was the zines, even though they were small I learned how to make one and it helped a lot in my image meth class when we had to actually design and print zines.