Lights & Lines

In this last outing, I already had this idea of working with light and lines specifically. I was looking for shots that made the eyes move through the shot, this element of movement is what I was envisioning for the final set. I had already had two shots from previous outings, so I was looking for a shot that brought a connection. These photos were all taken very late at night, ranging from 8pm-4am, allowing for the lines of symmetry to be very prominent. The absence of people allowed for my shots to remain focused on what’s necessary. I wanted focus on how light effects the perspective on objects.  The left and bottom right photo below both show great examples of the two. Asymmetrical symmetry was the outcome, the photos are cut in half with two feelings going on each side. The top right photo, as different as it may seem, still carries the same effect. Light within the photo is what brings out the symmetry due to the shadow. I found this to be the common effect that was only made available at night.

img_2928img_3005 img_3113

Contact Sheet