May 3, 2020

Did you change your spring break plans because of the virus? From what to what?

I had planned on working at the rec center at SEU during break, but due to the virus, I wasn’t able to. I had to make sure that my family had enough food in case of a shut down order. I spent all of it in my house, barely going anywhere.

How did you feel when you were informed the remainder of the semester would be held online?

It felt like the right choice was being made to move them to online. It help prevent it from spreading on campus and possibly causing more deaths. Personally, this meant I wasn’t able to see my friends. As much as I don’t like school sometimes, being on campus was fun.

Where will you be living while courses are held online? Is this a change from usual?

Since I live at home, nothing has really changed for me really.

What has been your experience with moving classes online? What’s good? What’s not so good?

To be honest, I don’t like the change. I’ve had a hard time pushing myself to do any of the work, and I fear that if it continued, I’m not sure I’ll pass next semester.

How has the virus (and the precautions taken to prevent it spreading) impacted your daily life?

I’m not able to go work at my other job as a server at a retirement home due my mom’s worries that I might catch COVID-19. I understand her concern, as a lot of homes have cases and deaths of COVID-19. Also, I haven’t able to go out and hang out with my friends.

How worried are you about getting the virus?

Yes, I am very worried, because I have asthma. Since it’s a virus that damages the lungs, I would basically be slowly suffocating. The last thing that I would want for my family is to see their daughter slowly die right in front of them.

Do you know anyone who has gotten COVID-19?

I know that a family friend of one of my aunts had it and died from it as well.

Are you staying in? What are you doing to pass the time?

Yes, I’m mainly watching shows and workout.

Are you going out? Where do you go and what is it like?

No, I don’t leave my house unless I need to grab ice at the gas station.

What is giving you hope and/or strength right now?

That some people are using antibodies on other people to help with COVID-19. Hopefully there could possibly be a vaccine made soon.