March 23, 2020

Did you change your spring break plans because of the virus? From what to what?

Not really. I went to runnaway bay Texas to see my aunt. Instead doing fun things and exploring Dallas/Fort Worth area we just stayed inside and spent time together in the room

How did you feel when you were informed the remainder of the semester would be held online?

I was devastated. My on campus apartment was my safe Haven.

Where will you be living while courses are held online? Is this a change from usual?

I’m still figuring that out. But hopefully somewhere here in Austin off campus. Or I have to go back to new Mexico

What has been your experience with moving classes online? What’s good? What’s not so good?

Most of my professors haven’t communicated with me. So I have no idea you’re done of these are going to work

How has the virus (and the precautions taken to prevent it spreading) impacted your daily life?

It hasn’t. I wash my hands often. And typically stay home. I just can’t figure out the right way to greet someone. Because we cough into our elbows and that seems nasty.

How worried are you about getting the virus?

Not really worried. I am healthy and strong even if I got it I most likely would be fine.

Do you know anyone who has gotten COVID-19?

Not yet. Although there is some suspicion my cousin may have.

Are you staying in? What are you doing to pass the time?

I’m trying to when I’m not apartment/job hunting. Same thing as usual tv, games, crafting

Are you going out? Where do you go and what is it like?

Apartment/job hunting is all I’m really going out for. It’s fairly dead now.

Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about what you’re feeling or experiencing right now?

In a lot of ways the university possibly increased the spread of covid 19 by forcing everyone out. They also put so many in dangerous situations because so many of us had no where else to go. I’m struggling to find an apartment because I don’t have a job yet. And no one can or would be my cosigner.