Graphic Design Final!

Cole Miller

December 11, 2016

Final Exam Essay

1. I think the more practice time the better. No amount of hours can be excessive. I would say that any less than 5-10 hours a week would not be a sufficient amount of time to create sophisticated work. I could use more practice time, I’m not sure exactly what my practice hours would look like, however, and I have a feeling that they are low.
  2. Sophisticated work is work that has little to no flaws and the overall design is well thought out, and the coloring works well together. I think the layout of my design in my personal map is sophisticated because it’s meant to not represent a GPS map, but to just outline the directions of the car.
  3. Someone had mentioned to me about my decision making map that it was a little hard to follow and maybe even a little unorganized, so I cleaned up the map by grouping more things together and cleaning up the space.
  4. Planning out the map was always the most difficult part for me because it all has to make sense to viewer so you need to be thinking in their own perspective and what they would interpret if they thought of a mind map, decision map, etc.
  5. I’ve been continuing to work on my photography and clothing. I was also recently invited to display my photos in a new hotel opening in Austin, which will take place in February. I will have a table set up there selling prints. I also have been doing something urban exploring downtown. I want to start a YouTube channel of my adventures and travels. I travel often so I thought it would make it more interesting. I’ll be visiting Peru, Italy, Dubai, and India this coming year.
  6. I think that my outside life has had a negative impact on not only my work, but also my attendance. I know it may be hard to believe; I don’t every miss class like I did this semester. I have had to work a lot after recently getting into a lot of debt from tickets. Overall, I became highly unmotivated with anything I did. However, when I was in class I did enjoy seeing other student’s work and getting to hear other’s ideas.
  7. The most ideal classroom is a class with a wide-open area. Basically the class we have. I like the space in the class because I don’t like to be sitting in one place for too long or I will get anxious. I liked how we went to the meeting table before class to discuss our work.