- My greatest strengths in Graphic Design include my visual thinking process. How I am able to generate visual ideas that apply to the problem. Also, I have a good understanding in composition and other design rules.
- For greater success, I need to finish incomplete projects, practicing in my expert hours, and work on generating more design variations.
- Spanish is one of my most difficult courses that I’m taking this semester and I don’t have much strength if any at all.
- To improve, I need to go to tutoring a lot more because I haven’t gone at all yet, and I also need to practice learning more of the vocabulary.
- I enjoy type design a lot and I think one of my strengths include a well understanding of the programs we use such as InDesign.
- For greater success, I should catch up on my incomplete work and attend class regularly.
HISTORY OF EVOLUTION & PROCESSES
- My strengths are having a good understanding of general history because it was one of my strongest subjects in high school.
- To improve, I should buy the textbook because I still haven’t or find it online, as well as study more.
- My computer skills include a good understanding in Adobe Photoshop, Illustration, InDesign, Lightroom, and Bridge.
- I still need to learn a couple other Adobe Programs and I also hope to know a little bit of coding before I graduate college.
Research & Writing Skills:
- Whenever I am really determined to find something through research I will look through every website page I can to try to find it. Although, I have learned about myself that I don’t always enjoy doing research, but I know that I should because of its importance.
- I need to work on reading more I’d have to say, I do not do much of it. Whenever I was in high school there was a point in which I was reading everyday and I felt like reading helped me process ideas much faster and I had a clearer understanding of things.
- I will start attending this class regularly so I do not miss out on important class information and class time.
- I should try to complete my work on time so that I have something to present at critic.
- I will try to be more of a good listener when the professor is talking because I will space out and start thinking of business ideas or selling real estate.
- I want to be more patient with my design process when it comes to type design.
- I need to come to class more prepared and more awake because it is an early class.
- I want to get more feedback from the professor.
- I should probably ask more questions when I get stuck on something.
- I need to focus more on the small aspects of the designs.
- I should get to know more classmates.
- I should always remember to bring my laptop charger.
Above are the PDF images.
- The overall goal of the assignment is to effectively communicate to viewers a symbol that represents what we chose it to represent. In my case, these symbols are representative of what you’d see on a high-rise condo building. This isn’t the finished product, however these are multiple generations of what is going to be my finished symbol.
- I started thinking of objects that symbolize lifestyle, and urban living to reflect what the symbol is going to look like. Things like pigeons, bicycles, couches, and chairs came to my mind.
- I think that the strongest aspects of these designs are the balance of negative and positive space as well as the symmetry.
- The weakest aspect could be that I included too much detail in some of the designs making it difficult to print/cut out.
- If I keep pushing these symbols even further by scaling, manipulating, combining, etc. I should be able to generate something that is conceptually better and that communicates more effectively.
- Technically, I need to go back and group my objects together in Illustrator so that they can be easily transferred for printing. I also should check for kinks like unclosed paths.
- The one that stood out the most during my critic of these symbols was the couch/pigeon one. From, there I will come up with three more iterations of that design.
The Photo Girl:
I enjoyed her black & white photography the most. There was an authentic feel to most of her work that she presented. I can see why she thought of doing journalism photography and the fun part of traveling along with it. I do think it could also be a dangerous job, especially in today’s society. For example, I’ve seen several videos of Black Lives Matter protesters that attack many photographers and even reporters.
The Video Game Guys:
The video games that they made were interesting to actually see it being played live. I feel like I know many video game design majors that don’t have any tangible work to show people, just parts things. This may be because of the complexity of game design.
This website has always been interesting to me because of the boldness in color it has along with how the products are easily displayed. It’s very simple to navigate throughout the website and home page as it speaks to the viewers very clearly.
Everyone has been on the apple website. It’s a work of art in itself because of how simplistic they made everything for the viewer. The large display of the products on each page at the top make a clear statement in which the viewer gains trust in the company.
This photographer’s print shop online is a structure and format that I admire. Only a few pages so it is very easy to navigate.
This was an interesting website that I found researching. When you open it, the page moves with the mouse cursor which gives an interesting affect.