1. The main points in the first article are that art and innovation are very much alike, and that art is slowly becoming crucial to the business world. The main points in the second article are that artists and entrepeneurs are very much alike, and that artists should find people to help them make their vision(s) come to life.
2. Artists can learn that building reliable networks of people throughout their careers can help significantly.
3. I do agree that artists are entrepeneurs because most of them sell their work for a living. Whether it be street art, or something hung up in a museum, art is what helps them get by. Most artists are also becoming interested in creating businesses that sell their work, whatever it may be. I’ve seen lots of great art being sold on sites such as Etsy. While most of these are mostly small, on the side hobbies in order to earn extra cash, they give artists the confidence to create even bigger businesses.
4. Out of the 12 characteristics of artists, I agree with the following:
– Artists are neophiles. They are constantly remaking and making new ideas and images every single day, with different meanings.
– Artists are humanists. Many works of art were inspired either by emotion or an event in someone’s life. Artists want viewers of their work to feel a certain way, so they have to be in touch with “human condition” always.
– Artists are passionate about their work. If you’re not passionate about something that you’re creating, then maybe you should be doing something else.
5. I would probably add that artists are strong emotionally. Working in the art realm can be pretty difficult, especially when it comes to critiques. We slowly get to learn that while we may love our work, there’s always room for improvement – and sometimes we learn that through tough love.
6. I’m super happy that more and more people are becoming artists. It shouldn’t be a competition, and we should all support each other throughout our creative journeys no matter what.
1. I do have grit, but there’s always room for improvement. I feel like I need to work on not losing interest in any project that takes a while to complete.
2. Some things I could do to increase my level of grit is to not procrastinate.