Week 1

The two articles I posted on Diigo talked about women’s rights in Egypt. I choose them because I was interested in learning more about how women are treated in other countries. The first article I was posted was Egypt Women:Rights on Paper, not yet on ground. It discusses how women are treated  different from men. It relates back to our reading because in Battle of the Arab Spring it shows a picture of the first female Arab winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. In the picture she holds her thumb up which is stained by ink. She had just voted. The second article I posted was Egypt’s Deep Seated Culture of Sexism, which discussed how badly women were were sexually harassed even though there were specific laws that hold protect the women. According to the Quran, Its Gods given right for men to common women. These women are uneducated and were pulled out of school in order to marry. After reading both articles, it is evident that women do not have the same rights as women in America. It was shocking to read that men though women had smaller brains. Recently, women have been protesting and making progress in order to have the same rights as men.