Blog Entry 10

Discussion of Iran’s nuclear program continues with high hopes for up and coming nuclear deal. As confidence and optimism  grows in Iran over nuclear agreement, the country is described as an “up-and-coming power of the Middle East” in CNN video, published aside the article, Iran Flashes Military Might Amid high Hopes for Nuclear Deal. Despite these high hopes, President Obama remains skeptical and recommends that the threat of sanctions should remain sound until final nuclear agreement with Iran is reached. Ulitmately Iran continues to aspire to obtain better relations with the world, and is striving to prove this.

Parallel to CNN’s news article and video (above), on Sunday, April 19, 2015, Iranian news and analysis website, Iran Focus, posted an article of Ali Khamenei, Iran’s Supreme Leader, addressing Iran’s nuclear program and declaring that Iranian nuclear weapons are a myth made up by the U.S. and European nations. Past investigations attempted by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), report a lack of cooperation by the regime, regarding investigations of the possible military dimensions concerning the nuclear program. Recent investigations have been carried out by the agency, concluding no further nuclear breakthroughs.

We can anticipate further news to come as the nuclear deal rapidly approaches.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Blog Entry 10

1. mharcour says:

Nice to see the progression of looking at the history of the issue through to modern events. It shall be interesting to see how the events play out in the near future and as well as their neighbors’ reactions.

2. Shea Griffin says:

Great job with such a complex topic! Videos and cartoons are helpful too, very visually appealing blog.

3. kkerby says:

Your presentation was organized very well. I like how your blog is arranged with the images and videos. I was unaware that Iran states that their nuclear activities are peaceful. It seems strange to me that Iran feels the need to have nuclear weapons to feel like an advanced nation.

4. hkerby2 says:

It was interesting learning about your topi because I wrote my blog on weapons of mass destruction as well. I thought it was interesting that you said that Iran says its nuclear weapon program is peaceful because how can nuclear weapons be peaceful? Very good job!

5. Taylor Dilingham says:

I liked how you started with how interested you were in the topic. I really felt like you took the time to really make this blog great due to your interest. I like how you took their issues, commented on how the rest of the world feels about what they are doing. You took their issue and gave it a global perspective. Very informative. Well put together.

6. alarsso says:

Good topic! I like that you took the point of view from Iran and not the US or any other world power. I also enjoyed learning about a country we did not focus on a ton in class.

7. Christopher Micklethwait says:

Argh. The server kicked me off and deleted my first comment…

Great job analyzing political realists and political idealists!