Blog Post #8

Blog Post #8

Part I

Based on the notes you took during class, write a brief description and response to each of the Faculty presentations.

Jimmy Lu

Jimmy is a graphic designer, he is currently a professor here at St. Eds, and he is extremely talented. He specializes in the risograph, which is a special printer that is best for vibrant colors and more hands on control of your work. This is of course found in the print lab, Jimmy says this is where you will most likely find him and his classes. He talks about other artist that have influenced his work and who are very talented, Molly Sherman, and Kelly Towell. I enjoyed Jimmy’s presentation, and I feel like this is something that I best relate to because of how it is easily relatable to something that you see in everyday advertising.

Bill Kennedy

Bill is a photographer, who uses photoshop to his advantage until he finds the image that he was searching for in the original photo he had taken. His presentation was unlike everyone else’s due to the fact that there was no explanation or conversation, he simply just showed us piece after piece and as interesting as it was, it left me with a lot of questions. I noticed many of his photos were made up of mostly primary colors, and challenges the eye of the audience to really think of what is happening. I personally liked the images and how different they were and how they always changed and no piece was similar to another.

Tuan

Tuan is also a graphic designer, also very talented but I did enjoy his work more than the other graphic designers. Tuan goes through a slideshow of his previous works and posters he had made for the VISU department of our school. His art was raw, natural, and seemed to come naturally to him. I could tell he enjoyed his work and took pride in it when he spoke. I really did enjoy this presentation probably the most, I could relate to his work because this is something that I also see myself doing in the future.

Kim Garza

Kim is a designer, professor, and much more. Her presentation was mostly involving information on her experiences with her clients, and how to better improve your relationship with your own clients while at the same time doing what makes you happy as a designer. I enjoyed her presentation, although I didn’t have many questions for her, she had explained much in her speech.

Part II

Create a 5-year plan. What are your long term goals beyond college? What do you need to do to accomplish those goals?

Beyond college I would love to apply my graphic designs degree and use it to create logos, and packaging in the makeup industry. What i need to accomplish this is to finish school and get the most experience that i possibly can.