Reading #2

1. How do you make decisions? Are they based upon anything substantial? Why or why not?
  2. How do you know when something is “good” or working?
  3. How do you rework projects to make them work?

1. How I make my decisions depends on what I am doing. If it has something to do with Math or Science, I use logic to study the information that I currently know. From there, I work to get to the answer that I am trying to find or the conclusion I am attempting to reach. I usually use the same process for when it is a decision that must be made about a real-world problem. The process is usually a tad bit more tedious if it has something to do with Creativity. I try to think of things that would interest me first, something that I would think of as “neat”. The way I make decisions in real-world scenarios is based off of Critical Thinking procedures meant to help individuals answer questions. Creativity decisions, however, are based off a process I sort of mashed together myself through trial and error. It involves writing down all of my ideas, “Placing all my cards on the table”, and crossing out anything that doesn’t fit with the group, “Clearing my hand of spares”.
  2. To be honest, I never know when something is truly working or not. I’m no expert in anything that I do, whether it be writing or art. Especially if it’s art. I have written and done much, but I don’t think I’ll ever get to the point where I’ll be able to tell whether something is truly working. However, there are hints that help you notice whether or not something is working. If it does not fit in with any of my ideas of how it should be, then it is probably not working. If it does not achieve what I want it to, then it is not working. If I don’t like how it looks, then it is probably not working, but who knows for the last comment, I’m definitely not an expert at art.
  3. If something does not work immediately, then I try to find out what is wrong through observations. With those, I attempt to redo the work and “fix” it. If I go through that about 2 or 3 times, then I figure that the idea itself is not working. With that, I go back to my list and try to think outside the box of what I’ve done. I try to find things that I have not done that could work. Like I said, I never truly know whether or not something is “good” or working. Instead, if I believe that something is “off”, I try to think outside the box and attempt to look at it from directions I never truly focused on before.