- The Preface – “Mathematics, Numeracy, and Democracy” (xiii-xix) + Chapter 1: “The Case for Quantitative Literacy,” (1-19) from Mathematics and Democracy (2001).
- Wolfe, Joanna. “Rhetorical Numbers: A Case for Quantitative Writing in the Composition Classroom.” College Composition and Communication 61 (2010): 434-457.
- AAC&U VALUE Rubric for Quantitative Literacy
Suggestions for Further Reading
- The St. Edward’s Proposal for QL project, as submitted to the NSF in 2012. (2 pgs).
- Madison, Bernard & Lynn Steen, eds. Quantitative Literacy: Why Numeracy Matters for Schools and Colleges. National Council on Education and the Disciplines, 2003.