- Siemens, George. “Connectivism: A Learning Theory for the Digital Age.” Elearnspace, 12 Dec 2004.
- Ferren, Ann and David Paris. “Principles and Practices of Integrative Liberal Learning.” Association of American Colleges and Universities, 2014.
- AAC&U Rubric for Integrative Learning.
- “General Education Maps and Markers (GEMs).” Association of American Colleges & Universities, 2014.
Suggestions for Further Reading
- On the Degree Qualifications Profile — pick one:
- Mary Taylor Huber, and Pat Hutchings. Integrative Learning: Mapping the Terrain. Association of American Colleges and Universities, 2004.
- LeBlanc, Mark D, Tom Armstrong, and Michael B Gousie. “Connecting across Campus.” In Proceedings of the 41st ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, 52–56. SIGCSE ’10. New York: ACM, 2010.
- Cronon, William .“‘Only Connect . . .’ The Goals of a Liberal Education.” The American Scholar 67.4 (1998): 73–80.
- Arthur H. Goldsmith, Darrick Hamilton, Karen Hornsby, and Dave Wells. “Interdisciplinary Approaches to Teaching.” Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics, 2012.