Self-Motivation Helps in Achieving Your Goals!

Self-motivation, achievement, and personal goals all go hand in hand. Personal goals can change from time to time and it’s a good idea to make both short and long term goals to help you stay motivated.

Self-motivation is key in order to achieve your goal. It’s what drives and pushes you to take action towards your dreams and goals. Believe in your self and stay positive even when you are faced with setbacks.

A goal will help you focus on what exactly you want to be or where you want to go in life. When you set a defined personal goal, you can measure your own achievement and keep up with the progress you have made.

Goals can be challenging and exciting! Don’t worry if you have to take small steps to reach some progress. Goals can be small achievements or huge. There are many categories such as: educational, career, financial, physical & health, relationship, experiential, etc.

Here are 5 simple steps to help achieve your goals:

1. Determine what you want to achieve – The easy part of goal setting is deciding what you would like to achieve. Let your goal become your motivation.
  2. Break down how you will get there – Be clear and plan your finish line.
  3. Write it down – List all the reasons why you want to achieve this. It helps you remember what to focus on and gives it a stronger effect. 
  4. Make it stick – Stick to the game plan! Consider what you have achieved so far and keep going. Revise your plan as needed, but consider your final goal.
  5. Do one thing every day that brings you closer to your goals – Spend as much time as you can to stay focused on the end result. 

“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso

Self-motivation is what I needed to push me toward reaching my career goal. I knew that I wanted to enroll back in school, but I thought I couldn’t do it. I wrote down my goal and hung it on my wall to remind me that I would one day be able to get that done. I finally enrolled in school, while raising three boys and maintaining a full-time job. It wasn’t easy, but I’m glad I got that done. My goal now is to purchase a newer home. And so begins the house hunting process!

My piece of advice is to always look forward to something. Even if things aren’t going right at this time, think about the future in a positive way. Keep in mind that the results will not happen overnight. Have confidence and stay focused. Don’t forget to celebrate each achievement to help you stay motivated!

References

Nebel, A. (2020, August 27). How to create everlasting motivation to achieve your goals. Retrieved from https://addicted2success.com/motivation/how-to-create-everlasting-motivation-to-achieve-your-goals/

Pham, T. (2020, August 7). 5 simple steps to setting goals and achieving them. Retrieved from https://www.asianefficiency.com/goals/5-steps-setting-goals/