ARTS1311_100 Solutions

My object is a simple, yet classic-looking black mug. I initially wanted something unsuspecting, so that it would have the maximum impact when I placed it in odd scenarios. I later also wanted something that was breakable so that I could have the dynamic of breaking my object near the end of the photos, so as to make art out of its broken pieces

1. In this photo, the mug is acting as a mirror, reflecting my smile in particular in its  warped way. I love the angle, all the variations of black and white, but for the touches of color in my reflection. I love the effect the light is having on the whole scene.
2.  I find the idea of accidentally stepping on a mug absurd. Also, this picture is a bit illusionary in that the placement makes it seem as if the tree in the background is coming out of the mug, out of my shoe.

3. I like how intimate this picture is on the solitary buried mug. It is mysterious because it makes a viewer wonder why a newer looking mug would be buried. Also, mugs are not often associated with the outside world. 

4. This photo has stark variations of black and white. It emits a certain mood. It has intensity. There is a certain dynamic of placing the mug right beneath a light source in a darker room.

5. The mug is personified as it sits on a chair watching the sunset. I must add I am fascinated with the shapes of the power lines and how they contribute ti the whole photo. 

6. I wanted to capture something as mighty as the sun with something as humble and mundane as the mug, as if the mug is scooping up the sun or the sun is peaking out from it. Almost everything in this photo is a silhouette. 

7. I do not often see photos of spills, so I wanted to explore that. I love how the water has a reflection of what is above the mug and table, which is the trees, so the viewer feels as if he or she were looking down and up simultaneously.

8. The mug almost becomes one of the several shadows in this photo. I love the tension of the sharp corners leading to something with soft shapes. 

9. This picture is meant to depict pain. “Shattered” ideals if you will. Which conceptually leads to the next and last photo. 

10. This photo is meant to represent how people who are broken can pick up their pieces and heal by making something beautiful out of them, possibly something that could help others in their journeys.

Remaining 90 images: https://stedwards.app.box.com/folder/17481845048?sortColumn=date&sortDirection=desc&pageSize=20&pageNumber=4