Entrepreneurs vs. Artists/”The key to success? Grit.”

Entrepreneurs vs. Artists

This post is in response to two articles, What entrepreneurs can learn from artists and Are Artists Entrepreneurs?, by Tim Leberecht and Amit Gupta respectively. The first article focuses on the idea that entrepreneurs should adopt certain traits from artists in order to improve themselves. The second article does the opposite and talks about what artists should learn from entrepreneurs. The second article says that Artists should learn to make networks for themselves consisting of people and allies that can boost their work, which entrepreneurs already know how to do. In the first article, I would agree that artists are craftspeople and that they are humanists. I would also add that artists are good with emotion, they are able to read people and express that feeling in a way that relates to said people, an ability that an entrepreneur would benefit from. These articles are very insightful to the differences and similarities of the creative and rational minds of artists and entrepreneurs. It is interesting to see what each has to say about the other and it is certain that they could learn much form each other.

“The key to success? Grit.”

After taking Angela Lee Duckworth’s grit test, I have discovered that I do not have much grit. I should attempt to improve this, I could do so by strengthening my will, forcing myself to finish what I start. It might also help to organize my life by setting priorities and maybe establishing a schedule to help me to do what needs to be done, on time instead of late, a good example would have been me posting this last week when it was due instead of today, a week late.