Blog Post #1

Part 1

What are the main points of each article?
Both of the articles compare artists to entrepreneurs. By listing characteristics of each, they describe how the two can be intertwined and benefit each other.

What can artists learn from their “entrepreneurial cousins”?
Branching out of yourself is not bad. It’s important to find a support system and take advantage of it.

Do you agree that artists are entrepreneurs? why?
On the outside, somewhat. There is so much more going on in an artist’s mind, I would think. But they both strive for the best I guess. The Fortune article said it the best: “new ideas of worth will only come to those who allow ample space and time for those new ideas to develop in the first place.”

Which of the 12 characteristics of artists do you agree with?
I agree that artists are like children, rely on their intuition, are comfortable with ambiguity, thrive under constraints, are great storytellers, and are passionate about their work.

What others would you add to the list?
I think artists accept and embrace the unknown more so than an entrepreneur ever will.

Part 2:

Do you have grit, or is this something you need to work on?
According to the survey my grit level is a 4.25 out of 5. I think that is highly inaccurate. My motivation for most things is never particularly high, so I should probably work on that.

List a couple of things you could do to increase your level of grit.
I could not get distracted so easily. I could find something that motivates me.

Published by

Alanna

i like to go to disneyland