SEMINAR VISU: BLOG #6

SKILLS INVENTORY

RHETORIC AND COMPOSITION

• My greatest strengths in this course include: I enjoy the process of writing and revising essays.
  • For greater success in this course, I need to: go to the writing center more often.

VISUAL STUDIES

• My greatest strengths in this course include: My industriousness and determination to finish and excel in projects.
  • For greater success in this course, I need to: ask for more feedback from my professors.

FRESHMAN SEMINAR: CINEMATIC DYSTOPIAS

• My greatest strengths in this course include: My attention to details and note taking when watching films.
  • For greater success in this course, I need to: Participate more in class.

DRAWING I

• My greatest strengths in this course include: How much attention I pay to the professor when he explains and demonstrate things.
  • For greater success in this course, I need to: Practice more my drawings since I’m not really an artist (even though I want to be good at drawing).

Computer skills:

• My computer skills include: I know how to use the basic Microsoft Office Programs, Photoshop, and now I just learned how to use Lightroom.
  • I still need to learn: Other programs such as InDesign or Illustrator.

Research & writing skills:

• My greatest strengths as a researcher/writer include: My ability to write papers quickly. Once I get inspired, the words just flow out of me. I also like to engage in a deep research when writing papers.
  • I need to work on these aspects of research and writing: I need to work on expanding my vocabulary and taking my writing to the next level.
  • I learn best & accomplish most when: It’s something I enjoy, such as drawing or designing. When it’s a topic I like, I’m deeply engaged and wanting to learn more.

ACTION PLAN

DRAWING CLASS

• I could draw more often.
  • I could do each drawing twice.
  • Keep working on the project even after I turned it in.
  • Ask my professor for tips.
  • Ask feedback from my professor when working on projects.
  • Investigate for more drawing advice.
  • Keep on re-turning in my projects for a better grade.
  • Keeping a positive attitude in class.
  • Practice makes perfect.
  • Ask feedback from my classmates.