SEMINAR VISU: BLOG #1

BLOG #1

Part 1

1. The main point of article #1 is to express how artists are starting to have a bigger role in entrepreneurship. Artists have qualities that every entrepreneur should also have.
  2. The main point of article #2 is very similar to the first article, however it emphasizes the importance of artists and entrepreneurs finding the right partners who will help them grow.
  3. Something that artist can learn from their “entrepreneurial cousins” is that their journey as artists is a team sport. They should find partners who will help them succeed as artists. This is tough for artists since they often view themselves as independent.
  4. I do agree that artists are entrepreneurs because they have to work for their audience and adjust to the market. Just as entrepreneurs, artists learn how to deal with life in order to keep creating their work. Both of them are responsible for creating new things and ideas.
  5. The characteristic that I agree most with is how artists rely on their intuition. When an artist is in the process of making their piece of art, they simply follow with whatever feels right. Sometimes you can’t force your art to take a certain direction. The piece of art might take another direction, and an artist has to follow along.
  6. I would like to add to the list that artists also learn how to deal with failure. In fact, with every failure they learn something new. They are criticized by their audience, but that is just part of their work.
  7. I had never thought of artists as entrepreneurs. However, during the past few days I’ve read several articles of that topic. My way of thinking has completely changed, with every evidence given it makes sense how artists are similar as entrepreneurs. Additionally, I find it particularly interesting since in my country people believe that pursuing a career in the art department is a waste of time.

Part 2

1. I do have grit, my grit score was 5. I believe this is something I learned on two previous occasions: when learning ballet and when becoming a straight A’s student. When I began 8th grade, I decided I wanted to change. I wanted to be one of those straight A students. I began studying every single day for tests. I did my homework before the due date. Even though some classes were tougher than other, I managed to graduate with a 4.o GPA, which is something I’m extremely proud for. For ballet, I began dancing when I was 13 years old (which is way too old). I had absolutely no flexibility or knowledge of ballet terms. I went to class from Monday through Friday, three hours per day. With my determination, I was able to become the best in my class. I became flexible, and knew almost every ballet term.
  2. One of the things I had to remind myself was to never give up. I believe that in order to increase your grit you should always set achievable goals, and increase them once you achieve them. Try to keep your eyes on the prize as they say, and remember to always work hard. There are absolutely no excuses. With this mindset, I believe anyone can increase their grit.