Entrepreneurs and Artists

The article by Tim Leberecht explains that in order for entrepreneurs to be successful they must think creatively like artists. The article by Amit Gupta, conveys that artist and entrepreneurs become successful because they are fueled by passion. They have the ability to do what they must do because they feel they have no other choice. He also points out that artists and entrepreneurs must work hard everyday for their work to pay off in the future. The only way for one to keep their dream alive is to keep pushing through the hard times. Artists can learn from their ‘entrepreneurial cousins’ to take advantage of the many resources in their environment so that they can more easily tackle the obstacles down the road. I agree that artists are entrepreneurs because they create their own work and independently succeed. I agree with all twelve of the characteristics that make up an artist. The characteristic I would add is, artists are their own creative processes.

I do not have grit, or the passion to succeed in life. I hardly ever do my work on time, for example this blog post. It is definitely something I need to work on. I could increase my grit level if I started to give more care to my classes. It would be especially easier if I could stop myself from day dreaming constantly in class but I cant help my wandering mind. I much too often find myself completely lost in my studies as I do not possess the motivation that others so easily occupy.