VISU1100: BLOG #5

Part 1: Current Classwork

75 lines

75 lines

3D sculpture

3D sculpture

1)What was the goal of the assignment? Or what was the question posed by this assignment?           The goal of the assignment was to create 75 different types of lines. By this, I mean that we were suppose to create lines using different brush strokes and different mediums. This was the first step in this project. The second step was to draw 5 blind contour drawings and from one of those drawings, we were asked to create a 3D sculpture which is shown in my second photo.

2) How did you go about reaching this goal or answering this question?                                          What I did to achieve the goal of the assignment was to stay on task with each step of the project and concentrate on the process of it. I listened to what was asked of me and followed directions by using my creativity to build a model with all the components necessary.

Part 2: Self Critique

1)What is the strongest aspect of this work?                                                                                        The strongest aspect of the project was my sculpture. I used transparent straws but within some of the straws I put wire to add detail. It was an organic piece.
2)What is the weakest aspect?                                                                                                            The weakest aspect was my 75 lines because the majority of them were more designs than the line itself.
3)How can the composition or form be improved?                                                                               The composition could have been improved if I followed more closely to the principles of composition.
4)How can the project be strengthened conceptually?                                                                             It could have been conceptually stronger if it was not so simple and maybe a little more intricate. Although, I still feel strongly that the simplicity of it actually makes it intricate.
5)How can the project be strengthened technically?                                                                            Technically it could have been improved by having better craft. Under the yarn, there was hot glue and it was a little messy.