VISU 1311 Project #1: Michelle_DeSantiago

GESTALT PROJECT

When I started taking photographs for this project, I didn’t have any themes in mind, but I did give myself the following guideline: no photos of other art. After a while, however, I saw a pattern forming in my photos and honed in on that. I thought about the psychological concepts of the Ego (logic), Id (animal instinct), and the Superego (the mediator of the two), and how our relationship with nature seems to sort of embody the decisions we make based on our Superego. There are times when we are more logical, but we still take our sentiments into account, though there are also times where we act more on our desires, yet are still mediated by societal rules.

++++++++

Gestalt_2 Gestalt_3
Containment + Proximity + Repetition + Grouping + Continuity

Gestalt Gestalt_1
Grouping + Repetition

Gestalt_6 Gestalt_7
Repetition

Gestalt_4 Gestalt_5
Containment + Grouping

With all the images, I made similarity a primary focus. I did my best to unify the artificial subjects with the natural ones using perspective and shapes thus bringing about the principle of closure: the pairs to each other, and the subject of the photos to each other.

++++++++

Here are my keywords in Bridge:

Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 14.31.35

and here are the collections:
Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 14.35.35

Here are the keywords in Lightroom:

Because I didn’t use Lightroom until I’d decided on my final images, I don’t have separate collections in Lightroom. The keywords were imported from the Bridge metadata, I imagine.

Here are the folders I kept the images in:

My external drive cannot store data from Macs unless the drive is installed, but seeing as I do not have administrator privileges, I was unable to install it. Instead, I had to resort to uploading my files to google drive on multiple occasions.