20 Drawings

This is the last of our projects for Drawing 2, the project was based on spending an hour on 20 drawings and limiting our materials to 7 objects. This was a process drawing which I felt it was hard to start since I was not sure on what process or what direction I wanted to take. I started off with string yellow/purple and pastels/watercolors. First I left the background white and only incorporated pastel lines and string lines. When we had our first critique I felt that some people were turned off by the white background so then I decided to add watercolor extending it with the use of red, blue, green, orange and sometimes purple. I experimented with tracing paper and different shapes and finally got something that I could work with, the next step was deciding how I wanted to present the drawings, on the wall? or actually hanging from the ceiling? I was leaning more towards hanging from the ceiling, but my hesitation was that the drawings would look too much like lamps. I tried to put them together differently as you can see on the 4th image. Then I ran into more problems, how was I going to hang this on the wall? plus it  got rid of  the actual drawings as I folded them horizontally. So then I decided to fold them vertically and make spherical shapes out of them and take the chance of them looking like lamps.

The final outcome  turned into the drawings hanging down the hall, from short to long. I took a video, the title will take you to it.

Overall the experimentation definitely helped me view this project not just as 20 drawing, but as an evolution of brainstorming, thinking analytically and figuring out a process I could work with.

1

FullSizeRender

2

3

4