Response to Alumni Presentations

1. Who did you most relate to and why?
I personally feel that I related most to the girl who majored in graphic design, given that this is my intended major. I really enjoyed looking at the projects she put together over the years and all the intricate detail and hard work that went into them. I see myself pursuing the same work ethic in order to work in my intended field of study. I really enjoyed the fact that she does multiple things in her current job, all related to design.

2. Who surprised you and why?
The same girl I mentioned surprised me the most when she said she was able to get a career in her intended field of study so soon after graduation. I was surprised to know that her internships and senior portfolio are what led her to meeting the right people and landing the right job.

3. What was the most valuable piece of advice you heard today?
The most valuable piece of advice I heard today was to work extra hard for any goals or aspirations. To put in extra hours of work, to put yourself out there and meet the right people, have good time management, and pursue the career of your choice—even if your intended major seems difficult at the time.

Published by

acarran1

Hello! My name is Alondra. I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. I hope to pursue a graphic design major here at St. Edward's University. I love learning new things and using creativity to the best of my ability.