Arts_1311 Reading #4

1. I don’t think Warhol doesn’t care about his work, I think that he just doesn’t think too much about it as most people do. At the end of the article he says that its too hard to care, and I think that means that it’s much easier for him to work if he isn’t stressing himself out over what the the outcome will be. That’s probably why he also said that he doesn’t get too involved in other people’s lives. Making that personal connection with a client results in having you base your work on what their expectations will be, and constantly worrying about whether or not you will end up disappointing them with the final result.

2. The issue that I think many people had was that the last project required 200 pictures that weren’t objective. I think that going about taking the 200 pictures involved a little bit of a “I don’t care” attitude, otherwise too much work or thought would be put into one picture. Putting all that effort into one picture would have resulted in the project taking much longer than necessary to complete. Since we then had to choose the top 10 pictures that we liked, the other 190 essentially didn’t matter. The best way was to have some amount of effort put into the project, but not to worry to much about what every single picture looked like.

1. I always feel self-conscious about anything that I make. When it comes down to presentations, papers, art projects, or just a personal project I always tend to worry about what other people may think about it. Even when I ask numerous people how good something looks, it never looks good enough to me.

2. Having a nothing-to-lose attitude can be useful when you’re just working on a personal project. It’s something that you are doing for you, and all that really matters is that you like the final outcome. However, this isn’t a good mentality to have if you are under contract to work for someone. If you go into project that you were hired to do thinking that you have nothing to lose, then you will end up performing poorly on your assignment. In this scenario you do have something to lose, and that would be a job or your pay for the project.