Class meetings. Presentations. Committee meetings. Department meetings. Conferences. How many times in a day do you take notes? In a week? In a month? How do you keep track of all those notes so you can find them again when you need them? Ever since we were students we’ve had to develop ways to deal with our note-taking. Whether it was a spiral notebook for each subject or tape-recorder to be transcribed later. At this meeting of the #100percentdigital group we’ll be talking about our systems of note-taking and the technology we use to help us. In preparation for our meeting on Wednesday, October 8, 3:30-4:30 PM in JBWS 180 please think about the following questions:
- When do you take notes?
- How do you take notes?
- What challenges do you face in taking and managing your notes?
- How do you organize your notes so you can retrieve information or to-do items from them?
- How do you process the notes you take?
- Do you have any tactics, tips, or approaches to note-taking to recommend?
- Do you have any technologies to note-taking to recommend?
Be ready to share in our live meeting and/or on this blog as a post or a comment.